"How I deal with Writer's block"

https://farm5.static.flickr.com


 No matter how great you are as a writer, nobody is exempted from every writer's no.1 struggle ---Writer's block. It is when an author experiences lack of momentum to produce new work regardless of its eagerness and urge to work on a certain idea in mind. In short, the inability to work

I don't deem myself a critical acclaimed writer but look, I have also been into this state for several times and I'm telling you, if you're a writer, you know how difficult it is to surpass. There are many articles on overcoming writer's block that you could actually try and see if it'll helps however writers experience "the block" through different cases:
  • ·         Are you afraid to be judged?
  • ·         Do you have enough knowledge and understanding to complete the idea?
  • ·         Are you struggling to put your thoughts into words?
  • ·         Are you in doubt of your ability to perform the task?
  • ·         Are you struggling to pin-point what you know between what is required?
  • ·         Or, you're just afraid to fall short with your far-fetched standards?


So, in reading articles that would serve as your reference in taking tips, you might as well examine yourself first.

Remember, procrastination aced the art of distraction.

I must say I'm the "writer's block" point of interest as it seems like it kind of enjoyed it both every time I get stuck on what I'm currently working and whenever I absolutely have nothing in mind. It was a difficult stage especially when you are at the verge of starting a new project and you just can't plot where to begin. Good thing, after countless times of dealing face to face with this block I was able to jot down tips to overcome it. This is what I normally do as solution to bring back my A-game and it has proven effective by yours truly that's why I have the guts to share it all to you.

Try these out!

1.       Sleep early, rise early.
One of the reasons why writers run out of ideas is because they lack the right hours of sleep. Study says, sleep helps in neural strengthening which is a vital key to enhance creativity. It also
improves physical stamina which is a need to perform task and activities.

2.       Go out.

Ditch about writing for a while and focus your mind and energy to your environment. Notice everything and try to picture out how it'll be executed if you are to write about it. Now, there are other circumstances that the environment itself is the problem. If that's the case, then, you might want to think of moving out and find the environment that you think fits you. 

3.       Take writing prompts.
One way to utilize and practice creativity in writing is to create ideas through writing prompts. Unless you have several ideas in mind, I advise you to search for creative writing prompts on the internet (because there's a lot). Try this. http://www.writersdigest.com/prompts

4.       Compose poems.
I love poetry and believe me, it really does help in stimulating ideas, imagery and symbolism.
Try checking out Medium.com and search for Poets Unlimited.

Lastly,

READ, READ AND READ...
...books that you think you'll enjoy. We all know how essential reading to us.
Not only has it expanded vocabulary, it also improves focus and concentration which is a necessity to establish well-written and thought pieces.
I enjoy reading different poetry collections. It inspires me to create such compositions. It might work as well to you. Just assure that the book you'll read will entice you to create another masterpiece.






Comments

Popular Posts