IN COMPOSING PROSE AND POETRY: A POET IN THE MAKING


Photo is mine. 


First of all, I apologize for being away and inactive for the past months. I was busy dealing with life and its adulting phase. This blog post is relevant to the reason why I was away.


Over the past three years, I have been composing prose and poetry to which I defined it as "a path to redemption, words gathered together to free oneself". Poetry as well as writing took part in my life. Writing my thoughts rather than voicing them out help more in relieving the burden within.


I actually started composing free verse poems in college but most of it was just written out of boredom so honestly, it weren't that noteworthy. But when I started writing in Medium, a writing platform for authors, freelance writers, professionals whose aim are to educate and share views and knowledge all over the world, I notice I began to take writing and composing poetry seriously. I was able to craft lines and verses that really depict what I wanted to convey.


As of the moment, I have written a total of 103 compositions that includes poetry, prose, anecdotes and personal quotations I made for everybody, with the hopes that it'll all get published. Here it is, I’m really trying to be open to you, my readers and now, I am happy to let you know that…

 I am currently sending my manuscript to publishers that fit my poetry!

Yes, you read that right. I am aiming for my dream to be a published writer this year and I decided to begin with my poetry collection. Once it gets to be published I am hoping for your support. I don’t intend to force you guys to buy my book only if you like, but if not, sharing the word about my soon-upcoming book via your social media accounts is already a great help to me and I would highly appreciate it.  This will be a great accomplishment in my life if ever so my fingers are crossed, I really hope to be published and be able start a career in the writing industry.


Reverting back, when I say that I took my compositions seriously, it means that I began researching what makes poetry, poetry as well as its kinds and how to make one, professionally. I am fond of Haiku poetry because of its simplicity yet power to manifest strong message in three stanzas. But among all kinds of poetry, Free verse poetry is what I often used to compose.
Free verse poems are defined as literally free meaning the entire output of the poem is within your hands. There are no rules to follow, no standard meter or rhythm, no rhyme patterns. This kind of poem relies on pauses and rhythmical phrases. Some free verse poems are almost deemed as prose. The distinct way to differ free verse to a prose is the voice used by the poet in writing both. Prose is typically direct. It does not use wide imagery or it does not use a bunch of words just to depict what it wants to say. Free verse on the other hand is the opposite. It gives you the liberty to freely compose using descriptive words to portray your topic artistically. And I usually prefer this kind of poetry among others because it gives me the satisfaction once I completed one.


During my journey in creating my first-ever manuscript, I have struggled (Well, I supposed all authors do), struggled in a way that I thought I couldn't finish it till last working day of March. I appreciate how my own dream to be a writer pushes me to go beyond my limits plus the fact by just looking at my family each day; I get inspired that I come up with an idea to compose about. I even had a hard time to input page numbers according to my liking, thanks to the World Wide Web I finally know how.
So far, I am still waiting if my manuscript will be accepted. It says on their submission guidelines that manuscript evaluation will take 90 days upon submission. That means, countdown starts today!

 I'll keep you guys posted once I get the results whether it is good or bad.


You may follow me on Twitter (@alphajuliet00) and on Facebook, just search for my name (Artchelle Arcillas). Let's talk about anything that makes sense.
Pray for my work.

Comments